Most of the content of this blog is available in English and Spanish!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Wednesday of Challenge! and Club Med Mini Box Template

Oh!! is time to share with you my Club Med Trade!! and challenge you to do one!! Yes my challenge TODAY is to do a mini box!! I love to do mini boxes, but you know that, right? This time I challenge myself to use a piece of 5½ x 8½ (yes a size of a card) I need to do 50 boxes and I want to spend as less as posible (sorry friends, is not that I am cheap I just want to save, lol, okay I am cheap, lol). Anyway, here is what I came with:

Start with a 5½ x 8½ cardstock (half the letter size cardstock as you do for an A2 card. Yes, you can get 2 Club Med Mini Box from one 8½ X 11 cardstock)

Use your Scor Pal for the scoring process; this is an AWESOME tool that I use over and over!

Score at 1½, 4 and 5 - from the 5½ side and at 3, 4, 7 and 8 - from the 8½ side. Then cut at the red doted lines and if you want corner rounder the top corners as you see on my box. Use a circle punch for the center and embelish as desired! Quick and Easy! You can ask the Red Hot Angels and my roomie Marie McLung that help me out with my boxes in Wichita (Thank you Yuki, Sharon and Tina you ALL are the BEST chicks)

The best way to do this is with a Scor Pal, but if you don't have one, just use your scoring tool or bone folder! no hard feelings for that!! I hope you can try this one and share with me here! Imagine all of the possibilities with this little box! Use your cupcake set for a Birthday, or the Flamingo set for Summer, or flowers for Mother's Day, you name it!! It's perfect for all ocassions!

Oh!! es tiempo de compartir mi intercambio del Club Med!! y retarte a que hagas una!! Si, mi challenge HOY es que hagas una mini cajita!! Me encanta hacer cajitas, pero tu sabías eso ya, verdad? pero en esta ocasión mi reto fue hacer unas cajitas super, pero con solo un pedazo de cardstock tamaño 5½ x 8½ (el tamaño de una tarjeta) pues necesita hacer 50 cajas y quería gastar lo menos posible (lo siento amigutias, no es que sea tacaña, es que quería ahorrar, okay soy tacaña, jeje) De todos modos, aqui lo que cree:

Comienza con un pedazo de cardstock tamaño 5½ x 8½ cardstock (Si, puedes hacer 2 cajitas con un cardstock 8½ X 11)

Usa tu Scor Pal para hacer los dobleces, la Scor Pal es una SUPER herramienta, yo la uso SIEMPRE!!

Haz los dobleces a 1½, 4 y 5 del lado de 5½ y a 3, 4, 7 y 8 del lado 8½. Luego corta en las lineas rojas entrecortadas. Si deseas puedes usar tu corner rounder en el borde de arriba para que se vea más lindo. Usa un punche de círculo para hacer el rotito del medio y decora como deseas! Rápido y Fácil! Pueden preguntarle a las Red Hot Angels y a mi roommate Marie McLung que me ayudaron a montar mis cajitas en Wichita (Gracias Yuki, Sharon and Tina ustedes son las mejores, jeje).

La mejor forma de hacer estas cajitas es utilizando la Scor Pal, pero si aún no tienes la tuya, usa tu herramienta de scoring o un bone folder! no me voy a molestar, jeje!!!! Espero que puedas intentar hacer una y compartirla aquí conmigo. Imagina TODAS las posibilidades con esta cajita! Usa el sello Little Cupcake o Fairy Birthday para cumpleaños, o los Flamingos para Verano, o flores para las Madres, simplemente es perfecto para toda ocasión!

Love,


** Suscribe to my newsletter to get special promotions and tips only for my suscribers **

9 comments:

Patti J. said...

How much fun, Diana! Thanks for the great challenge - I hope I can find time tomorrow to try this pattern. Great job on YOUR boxes!

BABYBORICUA said...

diana gracias por compartir ...te pregunto en el template que nos muestras no se distingue bien donde tenemos que cortar o mejor dicho los lados rojos...y preciosa cajita ...vamos a ver si me sale...

Anonymous said...

Yo la hice. Tuve que ampliar un MONTON el patrón para poder verlo todo pero fue divertido, rápido y me dejó satisfecha de terminar un proyecto en menos de 10 mins.

csroyal said...

Very nice, Diana! and great tutorial! Will have to give these a try.

Jen Carter said...

Those are cute Diana!!

Lisadwb said...

Too cute, I am going to try to make some.

Sonia said...

Gracias Diana por compartir la hermosa cajita... me encanto!
El set de stamp de ese corazon me gusta.. espero poder tenerlo mas adelante.
Felicitaciones te quedo super hermosa.

**Sony**

Barb said...

These are so cute, Diana! Great job... and I love the colors.

AmethystCat said...

super cute boxes, Diana!!! love the bright pink heart!